Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Orenda CleanBurnShape: 3/30

It always takes a day to settle in at Mom's house; sort of like an emotional jet lag sets in and I freeze up a little. Lets see, where did I stop off....driving south! I did grab a bag of smart popcorn to munch on for the drive over the Grapevine; it could have been worse, it could have been Cheetos! Arriving in Saugus I stuffed Mom's refrigerator with all the produce I had packed in the cooler and she showed me what she had added for me; I'm looking forward to the Brushetta and lentils she found for lettuce wraps at Trader Joes one evening for dinner.

Wednesday was busy and I switched up lunch and dinner because my sister came to visit and brought a beautiful kale salad for lunch. There was quinoa, carrots and a little bit of feta cheese in it and a lemon & olive oil dressing. Sometimes it is more important to be graceful than perfect, and the salad was very delicious. I'll make a variation at home eliminating the olive oil and feta - I'm thinking marinated tofu? In any case I had earned my little splurge, we had spent time in the back patio cleaning up and reorganizing Mom's flower bed under her bedroom window. It's a raised brick patio with platforms of brick to showcase the clay pots that we filled with impatiens. In a couple of months it should be a waterfall of pinks and white - a job well done, and lots of sweating to wash out impurities. Two birds with one stone - loved it.

We rounded out the day with a couple of games of Bananagrams, which if you are a word person is so fun, and I am and it was. D and I each one a game, but the best part was just being there with these two women that I don't see often enough.

I read a little in the afternoon, and munched my way through a baggie of raw veggies. Then I had my Shape shake for dinner, made with coconut water and spinach, and a bit later we watched the sing off on American Idol. I hope Candice wins, what pipes!

All in all a good start to my mini vacation.

No comments: