Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Orenda CleanBurnShape: 17/30

Another day another pound gone; it feels great in a peaceful sort of way. As though I am coming home to where I should be and leaving fragments of unwanted baggage on they wayside. Mentally and physically. Each small battle I win imbues me with a little bit more strength and determination.

That being said I am once again making lists of possible meals for my next day off this coming Thursday. I thought briefly about getting back on the original schedule, but that would put my Off day on Saturday, and I still feel it would be more prudent to stick with a work day. I am not sure my gains in mental strength are ready for a whole day off plan and work at the same time! And my list contains the usual suspects - refined carbs & dairy! Grilled cheese, tacos, Mac & Cheese, enchiladas; all of these have crossed my mind. R is doing Paleo and I suggested she take the same day off as me so we can make something yummy to share. I'm hoping whatever we decide we can also make it nutritious. Cauliflower in the Mac & Cheese, beans in the tacos, spinach in the enchiladas, roasted veggies in the grilled cheese - you get the idea. Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure lunch that day will be with my co-worker at the local Diner; roasted veggies on toasted sourdough with feta - best sandwich ever!

Maybe just having some 'ancient grain' bread & butter with my bean soup for dinner would be the best splurge. Guess I'll just have to wait for Thursday and see what sounds best to us both. I know I should have something non-food related to look forward to, but it is what it is right now. Which makes me realize I need to change that; It is what I want it to be! I need to plan for something to celebrate in a non-food related way. Maybe carting my bike over to the road by the winery for a beautiful ride, or drive myself over for a hike up on Mt. Diablo - things I have wanted to do for a while but never follow through because...I'm lazy? Don't want to do them alone? Both bad excuses, and I need to kick them to the curb.

Maybe it's time to do some volunteer work - it would be good to get back to Open Heart and put some hours in - I wonder if they have started the food drive for the Holiday's yet. Hmmm. Food for thought. For a change.

No comments: