Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Hobbit meals and staying busy

It seems as though I have Hobbit blood coursing through my veins and compelling me to have seconds, not just helpings but whole meals. Yesterday I attributed my overeating to how tired I am, and again today it's all I can do to keep moving between sneezes. I left my asthma meds in my drawer at work, and I'm wondering if I should go pick up an over the counter nasal spray or detox over the weekend to see what happens. Am I really trading allergies and energy for meds and comatose energy levels? I keep reminding myself that if I don't treat these allergies I could trigger the asthma and be back on steroids. Again I think I would rather be tired than coughing, I think I will go with that.

Beginning my day with mostly carbs after berating myself for overindulging yesterday feels a lot like hair of the dog that bit me. I've already had my coffee and just want a shot of...OMG. I will NOT go down that road. Addicts in recovery do not joke about needing shots. Of anything.

Back to work! The first of the laundry is in, the vacuuming done, A's bed is changed and her floor picked up; mine not so much. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....

Lunch! After rotating the dishes I juiced all of the lemons we got on sale this past week. From experience we know a sale means on their way out and we didn't wan to lose any as we did with the last large bag. There are now two ice cube trays full of freshly squeezed lemon juice in the freezer for recipes, water bottles and lemonade. There was a jar leftover and I decided on juicing as a way to clear out some of the fridge - it's a little out of control in there - and a good option for lunch after the mornings bad choices. Celery, cucumber, green apple, fresh pineapple, carrots, ginger & kale stalks. Then I added the fresh lemon juice until the celery wasn't overpowering. Very delicious and glad I took the time and energy to prepare it. There are three glass bottles in the fridge, maybe I'll just keep drinking some every time I'm hungry and maybe my allergies will calm down a little with the infusion of nutrients. A good intention that will not last, I am already full of doubt this will happen.

I have spent most of the day on my feet, and I know once I sit down they will tighten up and be painful once I try to stand again. But I am tired, and need a break.Oh the dilemmas of a fat woman!

A little time with A reading, a Saturday afternoon nap, a movie, and now some solitaire and mortal instruments before bed.

breakfast: decaf coffee, buttered toast with the last of the left over corned beef
2nd breakfast:last two slices of thin crust veggie pizza
snack: eight ritz crackers and 1 thin slice of cheddar shared between them
lunch: freshly squeezed juice
dinner: left over pasta, sauce and a meatball, two slices of bread, parmesan cheese
dessert: vanilla ice cream

No comments: