Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lunchtime Manicure

Sometimes despite even the most careful planning all of the avocado are ripe at the same time. And I would rather eat too many than waste a single bit, so yesterday's calories might have been a tad bit high. But that's okay when it's real food, or so I rationalize.

Continuing stress at work has me down a little. I am trying to just focus on my work, the task at hand that I apparently need to accomplish on my own, and hopefully the gratification that will come later of a job well done. But frustration does put a dent in my demeanor and I must keep trying to take steps to reduce it.

Today that came in the form of a quick manicure at lunch and I have nails so dark a purple that they are almost black. Perfect. Hopefully this will lift my mood at least a little, and I timed my lunchtime outing so that I will have two hours away from the stress. This is good.

I dropped by Sprouts on the way home to curb the urge to drive through for a quick dinner. I ended up bringing home a premade side dish of potatoes for dinner and I'm not sure that was any better.

A quiet evening, no snacking, and lots of tea to round out the day.

Breakfast: Decaf and sausage biscuit
Lunch:  Chopped salad w\ chick peas, cauliflower, cucumber, green onion, pepitas, olive oil dressing & avocado
Snack:  mixed nuts
Dinner:  mashed potatoes and gravy - premade from Sprouts

No comments: