Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Good Girl

I should be panicking, I should be preparing the financials I avoided all year in order to file my taxes on time this coming Monday. I have never been late, not in 40 years. But for some reason, this once, I cannot find the will to comply with the deadline. Maybe I am tired of being the good girl. Always doing the right thing when I can determine what that actually is. Well, okay, I had my rebellious years, but even then I did better than those around me as they lied and cheated their way towards what they wanted. Drugs are a powerful incentive to lay aside ones morales and take a walk on the dark side.

But I always came back to the light, always tried to follow the rules and pull my own weight, coming to a complete stop at crosswalks, and paying my taxes on time.

Maybe exhaustion has tweaked my 'care' meter, and I have more important things to spend my time on this week than filing some paperwork. So what if I am a little late for once, they can't cook and eat me, as a friend once said to me (H). And yes, there is a very small nagging voice inside that is appalled I have left this so late, and is even now figuring out the comeback plan but NO. I will not succumb, my time is needed elsewhere. I can do  my taxes in May just this once and to the devil with the consequences. I need to focus on the job at hand.

We have a ton of work to do over at the rental, but first this morning I need to reorganize the garage so we can see how much room we have and figure how how much we can store or if we need to rent a storage unit. Plus H hasn't removed his bow collection from the rafters so I need to leave access for him; we can't just fill up the space as I had originally anticipated. 

I keep telling myself we are almost there, almost to the point we can slow down and work at our own pace instead of someone elses. We can do this.

Maybe I'll file an extension....

No comments: