Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A body in motion...

...stays in motion. While I did take a short break last night, I made up for it today. This is the first time I've sat down (not counting in the car) since returning home from the day job. But I think I accomplished everything on my list. The handmade oak bed we bought almost 30 years ago is dismantled, stacked and tarped in the driveway. If no one responds to my FB post I'll put it on Craig's list this weekend. All three rooms are bare and ready for the carpet cleaning tomorrow. 

I think I am actually adapting to all this exercise and activity; my pain level has not increased if you don't count my feet, and they only ache for a couple of hours first thing in the morning. I do believe I will be ready to begin walking once we finish everything up by the last week of April. 

This coming weekend will be the hardest. The garage on Friday, then helping R move into the bedrooms over the weekend in between finishing up the garage  with H. And it looks like her significant other isn't going to be available to help so it's just us and any help she can muster. 

It really feels like a big giant test, the way everything is happening and the chaos that has been created from a single decision. "I'm done", I said to H one day. And that was it, we were separated and everything else followed from that moment. I know about creation, and the intrinsic part chaos plays when something new is about to be born. But as I said the other day, I wish the hard part were over. I am also wondering what shape this something new will take, and of course I am assuming it will be wonderful, because it just feels like we need a break. I daren't say deserve a break because I can't go that far, but certainly we could use one. 

A series of unfortunate events is only comical in retrospect up to a certain point. Then one tends to despair and we will have none of that, thank you very much!


No comments: