Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

TGIF

The pace has been so frantic for the past month I find myself at somewhat of a loss this Friday afternoon. A is outside with her Daddy instead of bugging me to play, R isn't home yet, and I am done with the office for the week. I wonder what this weekend will bring, what will be different now that we are not driven past what we can normally bear.

Has any one of us changed, been forged into a better version of ourselves, or been chipped away at until we are less than we once were? Little Kaylee has been more aggressive than usual and louder than ever; is she the alpha dog of the pack?

I am too tired to stress or worry about the mechanics or dynamics of our new family grouping. It is nice to vent a little at the end of the day to someone who understands, but I don't want it to become a habit; I don't want to dwell on anything negative. I want to fix everything (which I know I have no hope of doing) so that it's smooth sailing through the rest of Spring and straight on through the holidays. I have a feeling the only calm to be found will be at my center so that is where I need to put my energies. BUT...in the meantime the dishwasher needs unloading and I need to stay off my bum for a few hours; isn't that a handy coincidence.

Hair up, ear buds in, and I'm off to the kitchen. Damn housework. Where is my margarita and my foot  massage???

No comments: