Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2019

No Cookies!!!

It's a little hard being home all day with so many leftovers. I threw away all of the candy from Thanksgiving; my grandmother would make small baskets of candy to set by each place at the table, and I continue the tradition. But I can't throw away good food and I have thought on and off today that another turkey sandwich would be nice.

I am here to remind myself that it would be even nicer to lose weight this holiday season instead of gaining weight. I am speaking to the saboteur that has an inside track to my common sense, trying to convince me that one sandwich won't matter. But it's a lie, I know that every calorie counts, every grain of white flour or sugar is poison, every snack a diversion away from living in a right sized body. I am choosing to ignore this addict's talk and instead take measures to resist the urge to eat anything further today.

(b)  fried eggs over red breakfast potatoes
(l)  turkey, corn, and brocolli
(d)  turkey soup, mashed potatoes & gravy

I had a couple of pieces of cheese this afternoon and several slices of peppered salami. A broken line, my bad. I sometimes think that snacking is the least important of my Bright Lines, but I know that's just me trying to rationalize a bad decision.

Tomorrow is the last day of a long weekend, and there are freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen. Big Sigh. But I don't expect anyone else to change what they are doing just because I have taken a different path. Normally I would be right in the fray, eating what I want and not much caring. But for some reason, I do care at the moment, and I will ignore any chatter in my head to the contrary.

Oh, and the scale is in the garage. I said I would put it away when I reached ten pounds and that was last weekend. I don't anticipate bringing it in to weight in the morning, and the idea is to eat on plan and no weigh myself for a while. I'm worried that I will keep breaking lines and stop losing weight, and that without the scale there is no way to stay accountable. This is where the trust comes in I guess. Trusting in the plan, and trusting in myself to follow the plan.

Right now it feels like a diet, not a cure, and it's pissing me off. I think I need a dose of science to boost my determination by reminding myself how powerful the addiction is to sugar, and doubly so when combined with fat and flour. The trivecta of doom. Ha. How theatrical. But also, how true.

No cookies!!!

No comments: