Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2019

Good Signs

We have a team member at work who has expert hands; she can unravel knots in your shoulders and relieve the tension in your neck like an angel. Sometimes she touches me and I'm so sore I have to regulate my breathing and resign myself to the torture that comes before the release. Having been for physical therapy massages for years I know that a little pain goes a long way towards fixing a stressed body. I know I have 'tells', sighs of exasperation or swearing, that compel her to visit my workstation, and today I had a series of small  vexing tasks that drew her to me. To my surprise, two of the worst spots - where the trapezoid muscles cross from shoulder to neck - were tender but not painful. I haven't been doing anything different except...and it hit me...NO SUGAR. We figure that my inflammation has been reduced, and is helping in unexpected ways. Well, not exactly, but I didn't expect to see tangible sign like this so soon. I was hoping for some pain relief as I lost weight and the load was less on my body, but this is wonderful.

That was the second good sign of the day. The weather is cooling, and I pulled out some warmer tops from last winter. Ones that had been too snug to wear. And the first one I tried on fit just fine! It was a really nice way to begin the day, and I'll try on the rest of the tops this weekend as I organize my clothes for the change of season.

Breakfast was cream cheese on triscuits, plus pineapple and green grapes. Lunch was a salad from a local pizzeria's salad bar. Spinach, romaine, beets, sunflower seeds, garbanzos, black olives and hard boiled eggs. Blue cheese dressing. Delicious. She had packed so much into the container I pulled out half to bring home and it will be my lunch tomorrow. Dinner was a black bean burger, leftover peas & corn, and leftover potatoe salad. No salad, I had plenty at lunch, The potatoes counted as a serving of grain, plus it was full of raw veggies as was the 'veggie' burger. It's all good. Especially considering they are having pizza for dinner in the living room. Not that I want any - I assume that eventually one day I will want pizza, but it will be something amazing, not delivery on a Friday night.

I'm yawning and tired but it's only just after 7pm. I like to think I am detoxing and not just old. I think I'll make some tea and join the family; it's too early to get ready for bed!

TGIF 💚

No comments: