Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Birthday Cake

What a good day. We worked all day to set up balloons and decorations, arrange the fire pit, plant flowers, and clean house. By the time guests arrived everything was perfect. I can still hear them in the backyard, A finally opening presents next to the dwindling fire. I am tired, but currently enjoying a tiny buzz from the birthday cake. I had told A I would wait to decide if I was going to have any, and she never questioned it after I said I wasn't eating sugar on a daily basis anymore.

The day started well; I microwaved a portion of leftover chili rice, then sauteed it for a bit. Pushing everything to the side of the pan, I melted a bit of butter in the middle and cracked my two eggs. Once it looked ready I loosened and flipped the whole mess. The egg whites had seeped under the rice binding it all together, and the underside had become a golden crisp disc. Once I felt the whites were all cooked I slid it out into my bowl and mixed it up to distribute the yolk. It was so good! I had forgotten this was the rice with jack cheese in it. So there was a bit of a fired cheese flair to the dish. YUM.

Lunch was leftover asparagus, left over tri-tip, and a celery stick with peanut butter. The asparagus hadn't reached 6oz so I added the celery. The tri-tip was only 3.5 oz so I added the PB. Perfect. My fruit was a persimmon. Then it was back to work on the house.

Dinner was minestrone soup. This time I exerted my patience and pulled out the macaroni and sausage slices. The noodles went in the green waste and I weighed the sausage, adding the left over slices I had cooked up after making the minestrone recipe, I made sure I had all 4 oz.

I helped here and there during the party, but mostly hid out until it was time for cake. I helped sing the song, and after watching R slice up portions I decided I would have some of her birthday ice cream cake.. Chocolate cake with mint ice cream, and teeny tiny chocolate m&m type candies sprinkled everywhere over whipped cream. The perfect cake for A. The piece I cut was maybe half an inch by one inch by 2.5 inches. Small, but R reminded me I didn't want to feel awful after so long without sugar. She was right, and it was enough. I got a tiny buzz and did some dishes.

Later when the girls were making their S'mores I didn't indulge. And when they were done I packed everything away in the cupboard. I really am an out of sight out of mind eater. Sometimes a bad memory comes in handy! I may know right now that there are thin pb cups, Hershey's bars and graham crackers in the kitchen, but by Monday I will have forgotten.

I weigh tomorrow morning. I hope I have lost another pound. I am feeling different, and my tops are looser. The girls at worked asked me this week how much I had lost because I didn't look puffy anymore. Two of the three are being more conscientious about what they eat, and I enjoy the support. I know some are not so lucky with their office environment, but I have a good crew.

So a bright line broken on purpose. Part science experiment, part rebellion as I will weigh in the morning, and part wanting to participate. None of my motivation was really about wanting the cake. That being said, of course it was about the cake. I am too silly. For now it was enough, and I have no desire for more. I plan to eat my three bright line meals tomorrow, and continue thus until I am in my regular sized body. How I love that expression. Not thin or skinny, but right sized.

Time for herbal tea (I'm finally not missing my evening honey) and go sit a bit by the embers.


No comments: