Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2019

Another good day

Another good day. Grains, yogurt and blueberries for breakfast. Black bean burgers and left over stir fry veggies for lunch and a pink lady apple. Left over pork loin cubed up and sauteed with a cauliflower onion mix, and a green salad with blue cheese dressing for dinner.  I'm not missing the evening fruit that I had been eating by mistake at first; my herbal tea without honey is no match but suffices for now.

I'm beginning to wonder if I am a ten on the susceptibility scale after all. My small slice of cake didn't send me into a tailspin,  and I have two clean days under my belt. There is no desire to binge, and no struggle to maintain my Bright Lines. Maybe because I had made the decision that I might have the cake ahead of time, and it wasn't an impulsive breaking of a line, that made it so easy to continue on without breaking any more lines.

I'm feeling good about my progress and having very few cravings - not really even cravings, there's no passion behind the little thoughts that drift by. I remember, not my food, and leave the kitchen.  Can my body really be adapting so quickly? Despite my instant attraction to this idea of healing my brain, and accepting all of the science laid out so beautifully by Susan, like many I have failed so many times it's hard to believe that this is true and working. I remind myself of the thousands that have lost their weight, are in regular sized bodies, and are maintaining their weight loss.

Right now it's been over four hours since I finished dinner, and my stomach is feeling a little grumbly, but it's just there. I'm thinking a little bit about it, but there is nothing compelling me to go browse in the kitchen. It's nice feeling like I have a little control.

Before I jinx anything, I'm going to get my tea and work some Sudoku to distract myself.

No comments: