Search This Blog

Friday, November 22, 2019

A Close Call

I was tired today, and off my game a little. It was hard to be at work and the day dragged by at a snail's pace. Half way through the day I decided I would blame it on the donut; this was the payback for breaking a Bright Line.  But even not feeling well did not keep me from thinking about the remaining donuts that are in a bakery box in the kitchen. Not compulsively, but over the course of this evening I found myself thinking that I could have another one. I could wait for everyone to go to bed and then get one and take it to bed with me. I suddenly realized I had a fight on my hands.

I made some nighttime herbal tea, changed into my PJs, and resumed watching a Star Trek I had paused earlier in the evening. And that is where, of all places, I found my motivation in the form of a particularly nice looking man; very well put together for my tastes anyway. And all of a sudden I thought about my form, and what it would mean to me to stay on track. And just like that the chatter stopped. I no longer desired the donut. Thank Heavens - it felt like a close call, but I came out on the right side of things.

(b) cheese & triscuits, no fruit - my grapes tasted off and i didn't eat them
(l)  turkey muffins, corn & peas, potatoe salad
(d)  sausage veggie soup with 2oz rice

I have been thinking again about losing weight faster, but the idea of being more strict with my food scares me.  I know I had too many grains this week, and not enough salad for the 2nd week in a row. I consider this signs of a struggle; there is a pattern of laziness here that concerns me. Okay, maybe I should say tired instead of lazy. As I was reminded in the Bright Line Eating book today, losing weight is hard work - and stressful on the body. It's okay to be tired.

Tomorrow will be about shopping for Thanksgiving. All the traditional fare; I'll just forego the dressing and pie and stick to my Bright Lines for flour and sugar. I do want to find or figure out a recipe for pumpkin custard using dates for sweetness. With eggs and fruit it will be a breakfast recipe. I think we are making gravy using corn starch this year, because I do intend on having a serving of mashed potatoes and gravy with my turkey and green beans. No cranberry jelly for my bird or fried onions on my green beans - those I can do without.

I have so much to be thankful for, and so much to look forward to, that I won't even miss those trimmings.

Let the Holidays begin.





No comments: