Search This Blog

Thursday, November 28, 2019

99 meals left until New Years

First the Thanks.

We are all so thankful that C is mostly thriving, that he is enduring his treatment, that his prognosis is good. I am also thankful that my daughter and I work well together, that we compliment each other in the kitchen. We had a very productive day - R doing most of the work in the kitchen with excellent help from A while M watched C - and dinner was wonderful.

So dinner went much as I planned, except I did have a crescent roll. And had a little taste everything; a bite of sweet potato, the teeniest sliver of cranberry jelly, and I did use flour to make the gravy. Lastly, I had two very small slices of pie. One pecan that R made and one pumpkin. AND a dollop of R's whipped cream. And yes, one more bite of the pecan it was so good. So not as clean a meal as I planned, but nothing unreasonable. I finished de-boning the turkey, and the carcass is ready to make turkey stock tomorrow. I'll roast a tray of veggies to pack up with some turkey for lunches next week, and probably make some turkey rice soup for dinners.

Which reminds me, I really need to clean out the freezer.

(b)  pumpkin custard
(l)  triscuits (new Rye & Caraway seed blend!), cheese & salami, apple
(d) Thanksgiving fare, all the fixings, one plate
(d)  pie as noted above

I'm thinking I will make a turkey salad sandwich mix instead of just making a regular turkey sandwich tomorrow. I can make enough to last for a few days and use it in salads after my sandwich. We'll see. But lots of celery and green onion sounds good right now, and I have a feeling the Ezekiel bread will be better toasted underneath that. I still haven't checked, but I have a feeling a serving is only one slice, and I am determined to keep my Bright Lines tomorrow. Tomorrow and every other day through till Christmas, when there may be a trifle for dessert. But it will all depend on how the next week goes. If I can't eat flour & sugar at one meal then get right back on track, well then, I guess I am a food addict who has to abstain completely. I will do whatever is best for me, and I am still discovering what that is now that I have read Susan's book.

One of R's friends threw a quote out about how many meals there are between now and January 1st. And something about how only four of them are actual holiday meals. As of today there are 33 days till New Years, that's 99 meals, and for me only two more of them entail traditional holiday fare. It feels so good to know there is a plan, or will be one daily, for all of those meals. That I have tools to use, and Bright Lines to guide me during this time. That there won't be mindless eating, that I won't be gaining holiday pounds, but that instead I will continue to shed them.

It's such a relief to know I won't be starting a diet come January!




No comments: