Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2019

Bright Line Eating: back on track

The past two mornings I drank my coffee on the way to work, and once there waited until I was hungry before eating breakfast; around ten am. This pushed lunch out to about two pm, which mean t I wasn't crawling out of my skin hungry for the drive home. Two days of eating what I planned, and sticking to my bright lines, and the chatter that had started clogging up my brainwaves has gone.

Breakfast both days was cooked grains, nuts & yogurt, blueberries. I have one more of these prepacked containers in the fridge.  Lunch yesterday was left over Italian meatball soup over green beans, and today was left over minestrone soup and a persimmon. AND I just realized there was macaroni in the minestrone. I picked it out last night, but it was mostly dissolved in my leftover bowl and at lunch today I didn't bother. I don't think it was enough to trigger anything, and I'm not going to worry about it.  I had prepared the soup last night per A's request for her birthday dinner, and it was delicious. Next time I will cook the pasta separately and pull some soup out for me before adding it to the pot for the family. Have I mentioned recently how much I love the instant pot? Lets see, so that was dinner last night, and tonight was a large chopped salad (14oz) with lots of celery and cauliflower. Oil and vinegar for my fat, 1oz parmesan and 3oz sliiced sausage for the protein. I love a big crunchy salad with savory bites that takes me a long time to eat.

Break for the British Baking Show finale.

Tomorrow will be a busy day getting ready for the party, with decorations galore to set up  and housekeeping chores. I like busy days that don't leave time for dwelling on anything. Then Sunday I plan to do some meal prep as usual. I'm thinking ground turkey meatballs to last a few meals, and some red lentil pasta to make some mac n cheese. I haven't figured it out yet, but I'll do some googling and get a list of ingredients ready.

I've been listening to Bright Line Eating again, and I want to go back and make some notes. Small things I overlooked the first time that seem very important now. I want to record them in my journal so I can review them regularly. Somewhere I forgot that it's the sum of all the parts that makes this effective in healing the brain. The most important part to me is getting rid of the addiction, but hand in hand with the food plan are the learned behaviors that need to be addressed and I won't be able to ignore that for too much longer.

In the meantime, I need to remember that it's okay to be tired, and to respect the process my poor body is going through as the fat releases toxins and my metabolism changes. I was once a very patient person. I need to tap back into that, and keep respecting myself and the Bright Lines that I hope will change my life.


No comments: