Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2019

Bright Line Eating; week 7 in review

Down another pound yesterday for a total of  10.6 lost in seven weeks. This last week was more of a challenge and I think part of my frustration was wondering why harder instead of easier. I had a 'what the hell' moment or two and left pieces of broken lines scattered throughout the day. A small paw patrol graham cracker cookie here, a single Ritz cracker with PB and strawberry jam there. And then half a bag of  chocolate striped popcorn that I found while rummaging for something different to offer C.  I think it was a combination of watching a Christmas movie, being alone with C, and the built up emotions from the past week. I think I spent too much time on self reflection, and a spark of rebellion may have flared from those old but apparently still hot embers. It's all important, and I know there will be more to losing weight than just pounds disappearing. I discount nothing, and will try to learn what I can.

Thinking about the day I could have done worse damage. Susan mentions a couple of times in the book that it's hard on the body to lose weight. I say it's also hard on the mind - if we're healing our brains then I suspect peeling off some scabs along the way is par for the course. Okay, that was a horrible visual. But fairly accurate.

And I did make stew and roast veggies in preparation for the coming week, planning for success so to say. I will count the day as a battle that I eventually won in this ongoing war of weight. The popcorn was instead of dinner, and there was no more eating after that so at least there was nighttime fasting as usual. I really don't want to dwell on it. I will mention that breakfast was delicious - scrambled eggs with mustard on triscuits; at least the day began well.

Today was good. I packed breakfast & lunch, got a lot of work done, and enjoyed the company of a team mate that usually works remote from Oregon. Having her in the office is a breath of fresh air, and she will be here again tomorrow.

(b) turkey sausage, triscuits, strawberries
(l)  beef stew w/ celery, carrots, onions & 2oz red potatoe, Asian pear
(d) 1 oz pepperoni & 3oz hot dog w/roasted mushrooms & grape tomatoes (think pizza)
      6oz raw snap peas and carrots dipped in a little ranch.

I'm full and tired and ready to brew some herbal tea. As Mondays go, this was better than most.

No comments: