Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

5 Days off!

Another long work day, which is always okay when much is accomplished. A quick stop at the store on the way home, and now I have five days in front of me of no work. Tomorrow is prepping for Thanksgiving; baking a pie, supervising the making of cornbread, straightening up. But all of that is after coffee in bed and a quiet morning all to myself. C is going to the clinic for treatment, and A is overnight at a friends. I only relish these moments because they are rare; if it was all the time I think I would be quite lonely.

Thanksgiving will be all about football and traditional holiday food. I don't feel guilty at all that I am looking forward to mashed potatoes and gravy. And I will try my hand at pumpkin custard tomorrow too - that may just be my breakfast. I don't plan on breaking my Bright Lines for sugar and flour - but because I want to have appetizers I may not have a regular lunch. We'll see. I did finally pick up some Ezekiel bread so that I can have a turkey sandwich on Friday, So yes, food food food. But it's all a showcase for what we are all really thankful for - that C is in remission and responding to treatment. That A is healthy and thriving. That we have a warm roof over our heads.

(b)  turkey sausage & triscuits, banana
(l)  veggie burger & roast veggies, apple
(d)  pepperoni, turkey meatballs, roasted tomatoes & mushrooms.

I tried eating a salad with dinner as I should, but the lettuce tasted bitter to me and I couldn't eat it. Are my taste buds just off lately as I transition away from sugar & flour? I can't figure it out.

Same song, different night; Star Trek and tea.

No comments: