Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Bright Lines: week 4 in review

Down another pound for a total of 7.5 over four weeks. I'm sitting down to write in the middle of the afternoon because I am hungry. I'm guessing because normally I eat a heavier lunch, and today I am trying to follow the plan more closely.  Sunday morning breakfast was potatoes, sausage and grapes. Then lunch was a quick stoup using up leftover veggies from the fridge (carrots, peas, corn, mushrooms) added to sauteed onions and mico greens. Chicken stock and 4oz of turkey simmered until hot with poultry seasonings then finished with pink sea salt (I know, salt is salt - it all scours our insides equally) and fresh ground pepper. So good, and I was full and satisfied after my big bowl. But here it is two hours later and my stomach is grumbling. I did forget to eat my apple and I think it's making all the difference. So sparkling tangerine water and keeping busy will have to hold me until dinner.

We are still working on the back yard. I finished the planters, A planted small pots with little white flowers, and R cleaned out the corner of the brick patio for the BBQ then gave everything a hosing off. I cleaned out the bird bath and filled it with fresh water (really I think more squirrels use it than birds) and pruned back the miniature pomegranate shrubs. With the tent put away and all of our hard work it's looking spacious and lovely out there; ready for the girls to sit around the fire pit and roast marshmallows.

I never did finish my inside chores yesterday, and will tackle that as soon as the recent dose of ibuprofen kicks in.  I had been complaining to R that I expected to have more energy by now, and she reminded me that I use to take a nap every day. Either right after work or on weekend afternoons. Instead now I come home from work and spend time with C; the minute I walk through the door he says, "It's Grama!" and we head for my room to play legos or watch paw patrol. And here I am Sunday afternoon realizing I didn't take a nap yesterday and here I am getting ready to do more instead of laying down to check out. So there has been a change for the better, and I just wasn't looking from the right perspective.

I'm just rambling now, but I think I spent enough time over the past couple of days reviewing the week, and can't think of anything to add. I'm just glad another pound is lost, glad I'm going to the dentist tomorrow morning to get working on finishing this bridge, and glad to be feeling better in general.  It's hard to make good decisions while you are stressed and\or in pain, so really for me it's somewhat of a miracle I have kept losing weight over the past month.

Dinner will be the last container of bean soup and sausage, salad, and my fruit from lunch. Once the kids are done in the kitchen I'll cook my grains, but I'm not making a batch of soup today. Instead I'll make fresh stoups for dinner, or tryout some recipes. I have some red lentil pasta in the cupboard that I think will make a nice little mac n cheese side to have with a bunch of steamed broccoli one evening, and if it's good there may be a second night of that over steamed cauliflower.

So onward to the next week of keeping Bright Lines between me and flour, sugar and snacks. So far I would have to say it's working - even when not done perfectly.


No comments: