Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2019

Mondays

Mondays are hard. Once upon a time I put a good face on it and declared that hey, this is a 7th of your life, don't be a hater. But somehow this year has been more challenging, and Monday's leave me wiped out.

I'm glad I didn't have to think about food, glad I got to come home and snuggle with C, glad the family gathered for a Christmas show after dinner and a quarter of the way into Monday Night Football. Glad I have a snug, warm, little room where I can disappear at the end of the day.

Maybe Mondays aren't quite as hard as I thought 💙.

(b) cream cheese, triscuits, strawberries and green grapes.
(l)  roasted carrots and yellow squash with black bean patties and a honey crisp apple. 
(d) left over pot roast & veggies and then a little slip up - a polish dog; plain: no bun no condiments.

M had grilled the polish dogs for their dinner, and cooked me one to make a meal of tomorrow, but it smelled so good and had the char of the BBQ on the outside and I decided to eat it. So dinner was heavy on protein and light on salad. Again with the no salad at dinner! I need to figure this out. Maybe I need to prep dinner salads on the weekends too. No, no maybes about it, I do need to start prepping more for dinners. Usually I am tired, and dinner is left overs which is fine, but I can't keep skipping salads on weeknights.

So my three bright lines remained intact, and I think I will pick up a salad kit tomorrow so that it's easier to include salad tomorrow with dinner.

Listening to the family chatter is fun, and I am glad of the comfort all the sounds bring me as I prepare for bed.

Sweet Dreams

No comments: