Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Not My Food

There were mini-bundt cakes in the kitchen at work today. The beginning of the holiday influx of vendor presents. It sounded good but there was no primal urge to have one, not a h.int of desire to indulge. I know it is the first of many temptations over the next couple of months, and today I have no plans to partake of any of it. Well, except at Christmas when the Sees Candy arrives. I think I will have a piece of marzipan chocolate. I've thought of this a couple of times while thinking about keeping my bright lines during this season of sugar, and bottom line - I won't decide until the day arrives when it is there in front of me. No borrowing trouble, it will show up in it's own time. But I have to say, right now I am not interested. I am more interested in NOT eating sugar, and starting the new year in a new size. Or revisit an old size I suppose. It's funny, I threw out so many old clothes this Summer while we were cleaning out the garage, and now I wonder what would have fit in the coming year.  I could have sported a retro look!

I'm tired again tonight - it's the new norm. But I'm still not taking naps so it's a step in the right direction.  Breakfast today was the last of the banana, oatmeal, and nut cereal I had cooked last weekend. Lunch was left over ribs, raw cauliflower and steamed squash with butter and fresh ground pepper. Tonight M make potatoe pancakes with chives & sour cream, sausage & bacon. I weighed out my 4oz of potatoe, but only had a breakfast serving of sausage it's so fatty plus one slice of bacon that I shared with C. 6oz of leftover fruit from Sunday (grapes and pineapple) and I skipped the salad. My Bad. But M had made dinner and I was full and oh well. I don't remember reading anywhere that I have to finish all of my food, but I know skipping greens for sausage is not a healthy choice.

Back to sugar. The kids have discovered that C likes donuts, and that if he eats one at night, he will enjoy a sugar crash that helps him get to sleep and stay asleep. Tonight he had his frosted dense donut sitting next to me on my bed while we cuddled and watched paw patrol. I was an interested observer,  watching him take his petite little bites, and I didn't have a crumb.

I think I have come a long way in the past weeks, able now to distinguish between what I will eat and what is Not My Food, and I'm feeling good about it.

TGIF !!

No comments: