Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Bright Line Eating; week 8 in review

This past week had it's challenges, and a few broken lines, but all told my infractions were few and compared to recent holidays I could even count it as a success. I am confident I will get through this holiday season without gaining any weight, and instead even losing some. While the scale is in the garage, and I have nothing to report regarding numbers, I feel good about rebounding from the choices I made on Thanksgiving, and I am grateful that the chatter it started in my brain has subsided. I think staying away from the cookies last night  showed me I can talk down the saboteur and stay the course.

(b) scrambled eggs with mustard on Ezekiel toast, banana
(l)  3oz turkey meatballs, 1oz pepperoni, roasted tomatoes & mushrooms, Asian pear
(d)  turkey enchilada casserole (broken line - corn tortilla)

I made it to the grocery store today and picked up fruit and veggies for the next few days. I also picked up a roast that was on sale and cooked it up with lots of green peppers, onions, cumin, chili, a poblano pepper, oregano, and garlic powder. Cooked in the instant pot until tender, I then divided the meat into five 4 oz portions. I thickened the juices with some tapioca starch and added that to the meat. Three of those were topped with the veggies from the pot, and the other two will be topped off with roasted carrots and Brussels sprouts another day. With the three turkey meals still in the fridge I'm set for another few days of bright line meals.

I like going to the store more often and picking out veggies and fruit for a few days at a time. It helps on refrigerator space, and organizing my containers.

So two month have gone by rather quickly, and I like that I don't have a specific goal to meet. Not putting pressure on myself, and just knowing I am making good choices that will result in weight loss is really nice. While I am still not following the eating plan exactly, I am seeing changes in not just my weight, but in how I think about food, and respond to it.

I can tell that I am on track to achieving a right sized body. How I love that expression! And I still feel calm and accepting, instead of manic and panicked.

Woah, car tracks just hit the bed. Time to play with C. So much for calm 🧡






No comments: