Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Not My Food

Again with the chatter on the drive home from work. I could get a hamburger protein style & fries from In-N-Out, no, I want to dip the fries in ranch and they don't have any. McDonalds, I could stop at Mickey D's and get a large fries and eat them on the way home dipped in ranch. And then my new stronger self piped in, I'll bet their not clean. I'll bet there's sugar and maybe even flour in there somewhere. And I've been staying away from potatoes anyway. So I told myself I would go home, google the ingredients, and see if it's a viable option for another day. It's not. Just seeing the word hydrogenated makes it a no for me. Check out the Ingredients from The Daily Meal. So, Not My Food.

Besides, they are still fast food, and there are so many other reasons to not support that restaurant. I already feel a little guilty on the mornings I drive through for a decaf. Which I will say  has been seldom of late. We've been good about brewing coffee at home and not spending money on franchise coffees.

Once home I was in the kitchen first thing making dinner. C is sometimes anxious to visit after I've been gone all day making this a bit of a challenge, but we managed.

(b)  cooked oatmeal with PB, banana
(l)  roast, peppers & onions, forgot to eat my apple
(d)  grilled cheese, bean soup, 6oz grape tomatoes

I'm out of prepared breakfasts, and may hard boil some eggs this evening for a change. I do have yogurt and blueberries I could use to make parfaits with the Ezekiel cereal. That sounds good, I'll go prep to make a couple of those. I love the little glass containers we use that fit the mason jar lids; that's where the blueberries will go :)

Time to wrap it up. I'm thankful I made it home with Bright Lines intact, thankful I have a cozy little home to prep food, and glad to be looking forward to lunch tomorrow. I can't commit to the food for that meal, the team is going out to lunch and hasn't picked the restaurant. But I have years of experience making healthy choices from when I was eating for nutrition ala Joel Fuhrman, and it's easy to add in my Bright Lines. So my commitment for lunch tomorrow is to make choices that keep me on plan.

Once again, thankful that I am not starting from scratch, and  that I have a good foundation to support my Bright Lines.




No comments: