Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2019

Another Monday

I'm hungry this evening, as I was this morning. I think all of the calories added in over the holiday reaffirmed a baseline that is hard to drop back under. A few slices of salami here, a small bite of cheese there - it all adds up even if it's not sugar or flour. Plus it's Monday! Again! And it's almost New Years, again. Another year is slipping by quickly. I can do this, I can eat on plan. I'm just a little disappointed; the first month went so well, and while a challenge the second month wasn't bad. I was hoping the third month were more like the first, is all.

Reminder to self. Losing weight is hard on the body. It's okay to be tired, and even a little hungry. I just need a big cup of herbal tea to settle my stomach.

There is a pan of carrots cooling in the kitchen, at least I accomplished that much this evening. I watched C this morning while M went to the dentist, which made for a long day at work. I am proud of myself for making a salad with dinner, and not skipping it. But I know it's important to eat everything for this to work.  The girls at the office wanted to know how it was going and I explained I thought well, but that the scale was in the garage. The detached garage, I might add, so not easy access. I know they are waiting for me to either succeed or fail, and it's a little stressful. Wouldn't it be great if I could be a positive example to them all; in their 30's every one of them, and with a chance to learn now what I didn't discover until my sixties.

(b)  yogurt, blueberries, ezekiel cereal
(l)   roast, peppers & onions, small pear and 3 strawberries
(d)  turkey, broccoli & corn; green salad with snap peas, carrots, celery & onion

Meals are planned for tomorrow, and I just need to pack up the carrots and my chores are done for the day.

Sigh. I am tired of writing about food. Tired of thinking about it. Maybe I just need to focus on everything else for a while.

Like the kids who are roughhousing on my bedroom floor.

No comments: