Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Nothing much to say

I sat down to write and my mind went in a million different directions. To the past, to the kitchen where cookies for Santa are baking, to the cookie I ate earlier. But I can't focus, and for once the words are not flowing from my fingertips.

Mostly I want a nap. Which is fine. The presents are wrapped, the house could use some touching up but there is no company coming and nothing major left to do before tomorrow. It's looking to be a quiet Christmas, which is great because last time this year we were all sick and C was in and out of hospital.

What a year we've had, and how grateful I am for C's treatment, for A's love, for this family working together to do what we can to get through this. The emotions just keep bubbling out, but not so much the words. I think it best to leave, and rest, and try again later.

No comments: