Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Another Solid Bright Line Day

It really does make a difference to plan meals beforehand and have everything prepped. Getting home hungry and popping a container in the microwave may not sound appealing if you're visualizing a movie where the heroine dejectedly chooses an entree from the freezer before doing the same. But when you've cooked wholesome meals and packed them up to eat later it's a whole different story.

Wholesome food, prepared without chemicals and preservatives, without sugar and flour, and without loads of salt and GMO oil, and waiting in just the right proportions is heavenly when getting home from work tired and  hungry.

(b)  triscuits, cream cheese & banana
(l)  turkey, broccoli & corn; half a really large apple
(d)  turkey soup with rice, green salad

I am keeping heavier veggies in the fridge for making salads; it's so much easier to reach 8oz when you include snap peas or cauliflower. And I'm enjoying making my own dressings this week using avocado oil and red wine vinegar with a touch of Dijon mustard to blend it all together. Yum.  I've been also using grated Romano cheese on my salads, weighing out half an ounce - just enough to add a spark of flavour and keep me interested.

Years ago when the kids were young and my in-laws had opened a new restaurant I lost weight just because I was busy and eating salads for dinner. Homemade dressings with Romano or Parmesan were my go-to then; an old habit resurrected. So there have been times, many times, when I was doing so many things right, but didn't have the science to complete the picture. I feel like I do now, and as much as I would love a slice of pizza, I know it will be a while before I can do that. And that's okay, the payoff will be worth it.

I'm hungry again tonight, and I'm working on a cup of tea while listening to a Christmas movie. I wish the time would be here already when I am in a right sized body and eating just the right amount of food each day to keep me satisfied through to bedtime.

So I am here reminding myself why I won't break a Bright Line tonight. A snack is just extra calories that my body doesn't need. Each good decision is a dent in another pound. Each pound is another step towards smaller clothes. Clothes!! I want to feel like I can invest in nicer clothes that will fit for a long time. I imagine cute jeans, feminine shells, silver jewelry, and boots. Can I still dress like that? Am I too old? Did I miss the boat?

I don't think so, I think with age comes the right to be eccentric, no?


No comments: