Search This Blog

Saturday, December 14, 2019

The dentist, and a little something extra

Sins of the day:
(2) fried mozzarella sticks
(1) mug of steamed milk with vanilla and pureed dates
(1) sugar cookie, unfrosted

The day started at the dentist, getting a tooth pulled under anesthesia. Most of the day I have spent napping, falling asleep to the tv and just cuddling in warm blankets.

(b)  yogurt, blueberries
(l)  mashed potatoes, meatloaf
(s)  cookie
(d)  roast, peppers, onions, mushrooms, restaurant fried mozzarella sticks
(d)  milk, vanilla, pureed dates

Maybe it was the dopey after effects of the anesthesia, but I had no fight in me today. I did have Bright Line meals, but also indulged in the above mentioned extras. I am sipping on my sweetened milk as I write this.  There had been pureed dates left over from making the pumpkin custard last week, and thought about using it to make a cup of cocoa, but tonight I wanted the vanilla instead.  Steamed nut milk with vanilla and honey is an old friend during the winter months, and I guess I just need a little familiar comfort this evening.

Realistically, it wasn't that much extra food, but I broke all three of my Bright Lines. The kids had baked cookies, just plain sugar cookies, and I just had one. No inner debate, no chatter, just reaching out, picking it up, and eating it. Savoring it really - I loved every bite. And the motz sticks were from the dinner they brought in, and offered to me not thinking about the light breading on the outside.

I am only thinking about it now because I realized that tomorrow is Sunday, and I planned on weighing in the morning. Not that eating extra calories tonight should impact that much; isn't it the consistency during the week that should count? We'll see. I'm hoping that the small amounts of flour and sugar won't impact my brain much; they were both eaten just after a main meal, so should have been part of a normal glucose/insulin response. The milk tonight is my third broken line of the day, but I am not feeling bad about it at all. Still under the influence? Maybe.

I have Bright Line meals planned for tomorrow, and I should be fully recovered mentally and able to be right back on track. Speed is essential after a goof, and the only way I will feel bad about today's extras is if I let it escalate. So I won't. Tomorrow will be Bright Line Eating as usual, the chores I was unable to perform today, and spending time with the family.

No comments: