Search This Blog

Friday, December 20, 2019

Another Holiday and more Bright Lines

Yesterday flew by and rest trumped writing at the end of the day. I do know I didn't break any Bright Lines, having skipped the company potluck to get some work done while there was peace and quiet I ate my Bright Line lunch and felt good about it.

This morning had an early start. R & C were camped out on the couch in the living room at 5 something a.m., so I stayed up with C so my poor exhausted daughter could catch a few more z's before work. Then this afternoon I left work an hour early so I could run errands on the way home; Three hours later I arrived home hungry and due to poor planning the last meal in the fridge was the same bean soup I had eaten for lunch. No Thank You! So I made the world's favorite quick dinner (after pancakes) after cracking some eggs.

(b)  salami, triscuits, banana
(l)  bean soup full of veggies & greens
(d)  cheddar cheese omelette with mild green chili's and blistered tomatoes; raw cauliflower

I guess because his day started early and due to a holiday party at day care he didn't nap, now our evening is very quiet while C snoozes away in the living room. Nothing like the face of a toddler while they are sleeping; it's like looking at God.

One of my errands was picking up the roast for Christmas. Our dinner will be prime rib with horseradish sauce, twice baked potatoes, and green salad with the family's garlic dressing. I love that this is already a Bright Line meal, I just need to be careful of portions. To that end I will pick smaller potatoes to bake so they are serving size friendly. We haven't decided on the veggie yet, that is always subject to whim, but I am leaning towards baked butternut squash.

Note to self; it is not the holiday meal that packs on pounds, it is the snacking and eating left overs for days without constraint afterwards.  While putting away leftovers the night of 12/25 I will pack up bright line meals to have ready so that while I will be enjoying leftovers, it will be planned and measured. No extra holiday pounds for this girl!

Vendors have been bringing chocolate and flowers to the office, and while I love having the flowers to brighten up the work space, I have been bringing chocolate home. Just a little at a time for the family to enjoy. So far, so good. No bites, licks, or tastes. Just thinking about eating a piece brings such strong memories it's like I am reliving a moment that relieves the need to indulge. So far no desire to indulge.

Christmas morning is another story all together. If we follow plans already made before I began this journey out of addiction, R will be making yeast rolls from scratch Christmas Eve so they are ready to bake in the morning. Partnered with bacon and Mexican Hot chocolate that is our traditional breakfast for this holiday. At this moment, I cannot imagine not sharing that breakfast with the family. I can see my plate very clearly; one beautiful iced roll, a couple strips of bacon, and fresh fruit. And a Christmas mug of chocolate.

AND, at some point I will have a decaf coffee with Amaretto in it. And there may be a fancy cake for dessert. Writing it all down really shows how much flour and sugar are planned into the day. I will buy berries to have with cream that is whipped and folded together with date puree for dessert so that takes care of part of it. Maybe just a pound cake to serve that over for everyone else. Easy and delicious.

OH, and we're baking cookies tomorrow. I have no plans to eat any, they are for gifts and the other's can be in charge of quality control. Tomorrow will definitely be about celebrating and working together; fellowship if you will.





No comments: