Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Whispers of a saboteur

I am home from work early today, having had an ocular migraine and knowing I would be feeling wiped out sooner than later. Upon arriving home I was famished, and had some zero sugar beef jerky and an ounce of popped corn. I had decided to eat these as a fourth meal; my lunch was early and light on everything - a friends turkey soup that was delicious.

After eating I realized I was listening to crazy talk in my head; thoughts like, "maybe just snacking during the holidays and keeping Bright Lines for sugar and flour would be fine". OMG - there it was, my saboteur. I didn't realize until then that it had been going on all day, which is how I talked myself into eating in the first place, and so I jumped online to get some support.

And wouldn't you know it, Susan's vlog was speaking to me. To Me! She knew. Because food addiction is predictable, and we are in the holiday season. 

It's all here in Susan's vlog.

(b)  triscuits, cream cheese, banana
(l)  turkey soup, apple
(s)  zero sugar beef jerky, buttered popcorn
(d)  roast, green peppers, onions, salad w/ avocado

While I haven't had my actual dinner yet, I committed to it last night so I know that's what I'm going to eat later.

Bottom line; sticking to bright lines now is more important than ever. Setting down a foundation of consistency rather than having to 'restart' after every special occasion. I'm still not sure - there are only three dinners a year we eat traditional fare; thanksgiving, christmas, and easter. Certainly that sounds reasonable.  Then I think about a drug addict having a dose of their favorite white or brown powder just three times a year at dinner and I realize how insane that would be. How impossible.

"This is not a diet, this is disease management." And I guess I really am a food addict.

No comments: