Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2019

The Good, The Bad, and the Beautiful

The Good:  There is vegetable soup in the Instant Pot.
The Bad: While the soup cooks they are in the kitchen making peanut butter cups for the Christmas cookie boxes.
The Beautiful: Decorated sugar cookies, frosted so prettily by R, A & two cousins.

And I am hungry. This morning started with grocery shopping, and a check up at the dentist. While I was running around R was making dough, and chocolate toffee. I splurged and had a cup of regular coffee because I knew we had a lot to do. So I didn't think about breakfast until I was hungry for lunch. And then this afternoon  when I was hungry I had breakfast. So I've eaten all day, but I think because I've been so busy all day my body has used up all of those calories and my tummy is really rumbling.  Thank heavens for the instant pot because  means dinner will be done soon. Or right now!
- - -  - - - - - -
Full of delicious soup, the sweet treats in the kitchen have lost their appeal and I am confident my Bright Lines are safe. I listened to Susan's latest video this afternoon, and one of the ideas is that changing your lifestyle instead of dieting is a big part of Bright Line Eating. AIR, Accountability, Identity, and Rezooming. Of these I really focused on Identity. And how I am changing, and will continue to change, over the course of healing my brain. How identifying myself as someone who just doesn't eat flour or sugar in the same way as I identify as someone who treats others fairly, and does my share of the work. I can see into my future, and the girl who will identify with being someone who respects her body, mind, and soul and takes measures to ensure their health.

(b)  cheeseburger over mixed veggies
(l)  salami on triscuits, apple
(d)  vegetable bean soup, pumpkin seed salad

I love listening to them puttering, cleaning up in the kitchen, catching up on family.

Time for a Christmas movie, a little more laundry, and a cup of herbal tea. It's all good.

No comments: