Search This Blog

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Merry and Bright

Christmas was lovely, the presents fun and the dinner divine. Traditional Christmas fare, including appies, set the stage for breaking all of my Bright Lines. I'm really unsure as to if that was a glaring mistake or not. I guess I will have a better idea about that later. In the meantime I have also not kept to my Bright Lines today. Well, breakfast and lunch I did, but I had leftovers for dinner and I have no desire to make a salad.

Christmas
(b)  cinnamon roll, cantelope, bacon, Mexican chocolate
(l)  Appetizers - triscuits & pub cheese, chips and onion dip, cream cheese & pepper jelly - again on triscuits.
(d) Prime Rib, butternut squash, green beans & bacon, twice baked potatoes, crescent roll
(d) sugar cookie

Today
(b) oatmeal, blueberries, PB
(l)  roast, butternut squash, green beans - forgot to eat my pear
(d) Ezekiel toast with sliced roast on top, twice baked potatoes (2 halves)

Sins of the day:  pecan cookie, dark chocolate with almonds

The plan is to keep my Bright Lines through next Tuesday lunch. Then our New Year's Eve dinner of fried prawns and back on track New Year's Day. From then till Easter I see a string of Bright Line days strung together like Christmas Lights all Merry & Bright.

I'm feeling a little inflamed - swollen hand and painful hip - and I'm thinking that it's more about the sugar than the salt at this point. Because my salt take is down if anything - using Mrs. Dash more often than not. And I was feeling better before Christmas. While I really didn't have that much sugar, it seemed like a lot compared to having had none for a while.

Okay, back to the world and the little boy turning circles in my bedroom.

How blessed to feel needed, and wanted.

No comments: