Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Orenda CleanBurnShape: 24/30 continued

The past hour has slipped by as I perused some of the old journal entries made back in 2007 - 2008 and the record of my journey towards eating for nutrition. Scary stuff in the sense that here I am six years later and have some of the same feelings and challenges that I did then. Where is the growth and maturity??? But I have to give myself some credit; for not giving up, that I am still grateful for the small joys in my life, that I have taken this huge step in my life that I fought against for so long. 

One thing that I read really struck home. I was writing about how I noticed it was the 'happy' people who were able to lose weight and keep it off. Maybe now I am in a place where I can be one of those people. It's not just about the food, it's about everything else too, and I am more convinced than ever that I made the right decision and that I am on the right path.

I know how to eat, how to tell the difference between food and food products, and Orenda has given me the tools to get back on track without taking years to do it this time. I remember the excitement of breaking 190 and feeling great. I want to do it again, and I want it to be this summer, not two summers from now. Six more days until I finish this first 30 on the CBS plan. I may take a break and juice for a week before starting the 2nd 30 days - a friend with Crohns has agreed to try adding healthy juices to her day to see if it makes a difference and I want to support her. We'll see.

I barely puttered in the backyard today, guess my body needed a day of rest, but after reading about riding my bike I'm thinking I need to stop by the store for a bike pump on the way home tomorrow and dust the old girl off and take a ride. I had forgotten how much I love feeling the wind in my face and the burn of my muscles. Of course, I also want  to have a pedicure this week in preparation of my date on Saturday :)  Another, "We'll see!"

No comments: