Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Boot Camp; What should have been Day One

Yesterday I took a leap of faith and registered for a Bright Line Eating boot camp. After spending what seemed like hours over the span of last night and this morning I completed the required prep work to begin. I opened my email greeting for Day One, followed the link to the site, and listened to Susan's greeting. The panic set in, and I admonished myself, "I don't have time for this! I have to pack away Christmas, I have things to do!", and " how on earth do I justify spending this money right now?"

Knowing that Flight was winning over Fight I quietly closed my laptop, got dressed, and started my day. A little laundry, taking down the Christmas Tree Forest we put up each year, packing away Santa with his sled, reindeer, and all. I rested when tired, sitting on my bed and sorting through a bag of stuff left over from clearing the ledge above the kitchen counter. Sort of an annual ledge clearing to get rid of the accumulation - it's such a handy place to set things down instead of finding a spot for them to live in because really, where would they go?  So I accomplished much, including a few trips to the garage and back, and my mind quieted.

(b) scrambled eggs, triscuits, banana
(l)  roast soup, roasted tomatoes, orange
(d) chopped salad with ham & Romano cheese, R's homemade Ranch (delicious),
      and butternut squash soup (also home made but by me this time.)

Note: chopped salad always means an 8oz combo of lettuce and raw veggies.

So a Bright Line Day, if not Day One of the Boot Camp. Part of the problem was not wanting to weigh in until Sunday; I pretty much set myself up for failure last night by planting that thought. But it was a valid point, and if I have to exert a tiny bit of control right now in order to surrender later, then that's just the way it is. I am not a sniveling child to be told what to do. I am a woman grown, who has asked for help and been answered. I do this of my own free will.

So I will keep my Bright Lines, and postpone my Day One until Sunday. I will wear the same pajamas or clothes each Sunday morning and tromp out to the garage and weigh with them on; mentally I cannot do the weight watcher's 'weigh naked first thing in the morning' routine again. This cannot be about a number, but about my looser clothing and changing physical capabilities. Yes, as a measurement of my progress I will weigh weekly during boot camp, but on my terms.

lol, apparently I am not much of a team player, having been a loner for so much of my life. I am hoping that the team support will help change that, and that I will come around to being more sociable and less irritating.

Not a spectacular beginning, but the prelude to one.

No comments: