Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2020

Friday Night Pizza

Sins of the Day: a small 1" x 2" piece of pepperoni pizza, thin crust

I'm so glad it's Friday night. My work week was another challenging one, and I probably have one more before the imminent dust settles. Getting home from work yet again hungry & tired I made my dinner, then sat watching tv with C & M. R was at work late, and a pizza had been delivered. I asked C if I could have a bite, and he replied with an emphatic "No!"  So when he relented and was willing to share I accepted the piece he was offering. We are trying hard right now to teach sharing, mostly because he has discovered "Mine!"

He is two after all, going on three. The bite was not everything it could have been, but it was tasty. I was surprised that it didn't prompt me to want or have more, but it didn't and I seem to be fine. It's at times like this I wonder if I am, after all, closer to an eight than a ten on the Bright Line Eating susceptibility scale. I think back over the Holidays and how many times I had a cookie or a chocolate and then was back on plan without a hitch. Who knows, certainly not me. I just know that I do better in my head when I abstain from flour & sugar so that will be my norm.

Tomorrow I weigh, and it makes me realize that having the scale in the garage is working. I haven't been obsessing at all about it. Now that it's out of the bathroom I'm not tempted to play games depending on what the number is.  It's so funny that I went without weighing myself regularly for years while the scale sat unused in the bathroom, but once I began weighing myself to record progress it instantly became an issue. Just a reminder of so many failures I suppose.

(b)  sausages, triscuits, banana
(l)   carnitas & veggies, apple
(d)  carnitas & veggies, chopped salad

Time to cook again tomorrow. I want to google some ideas and make something different. Maybe some 'bbq' beans, that sounds good during this cold spell we are having. And I definitely want to make more pumpkin custard for some breakfasts. Having the tub of chopped veggies worked really well this week and I ate salads every night but maybe one. So I'll do that again, changing up the veggies; maybe some yellow peppers and cauliflower this time.

Gotta run, A is going to brush and braid my hair!




No comments: