Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Demons & Angels

"We never lose our Demons, we only learn to rise above them". So sayeth the Ancient Master in Dr. Strange. This seemed appropriate to hear after reading some blogs and opinions online about Bright Line Eating that were less than enthusiastic.  Some of the comments were aligned with my thinking and behaviors, and some I didn't agree with because they weren't in line with my experience so far. But I am old enough and mature enough to understand that while our human bodies work in basically the same ways, the devil is in the details.  So much DNA, so many genetic anomalies; genes that can be expressed or not, influenced by other genes or proteins or the minerals in the dirt where our food was grown. Something like that, and it all points to the whys and wherefores that make us different from each other in a million little ways.

I never wanted to feel like I was dieting, I have said this over and over, and I do envision a time in my life where I can have Friday night desert with the family, and a really good slice of pizza. But that time is not now, and for me Bright Line Eating is a life line. Because it does speak to so many of the crazy things I have felt and thought and done in my life pertaining to weight and health that have kept me in a body too big and unhealthy to enjoy. So kudos to Susan P Thompson for being an Angel and bringing the big beautiful science to so many of us who have struggled for so long to be in a right sized body.

(b)  Sharp cheddar cheese, triscuits, strawberries
(l)   Cobb Salad, banana
(d)  Sirloin, steamed cauliflower & onions

I am cozy in clean pajamas and freshly washed hair. I'm full of herbal tea and watching\listening to Dr. Strange and  maybe admiring Benedict Cumberbatch a little bit. Not really my type, but I love his voice and he is ever so interesting.

Time to join the family for a bit before bed, and introduce some laughter into my evening.


No comments: