Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2020

Caught Short

The office was hectic today, between year end work and new clients and setting up new year processing we are all busy. Today was especially long, a 10 1/2 hour day, and when I arrived home I was hungry. It was too late to make the lentil soup I had planned, and I didn't want the same meal as I had at lunch. Soooo.....caught short of time to prepare the soup, I threw together a ham sandwich and nuked a bowl of mixed veggies - enough to make up for not having a salad. Part of my brain is disappointed, but mostly I am glad I didn't drive through for a burger on the way home. Sometimes being thankful is about disasters averted more than missions accomplished.

(b)  sausage, triscuits, orange
(l)   meatballs, green beans, apple
(d)  ham, Ezekiel bread, mixed veggies

As soon as I arrived home I washed up and threw together the sandwich and inhaled it while watching a little of Dracula with the kids and catching up the day. Once I felt human again I fixed the veggies. C helped me eat them; we are always grateful when he eats, and especially so when it's something with even the tiniest but of nutritional value. Sometimes we're grateful if he eats a cookie.

He is poking around my room as I type, getting into everything he can; currently he is balancing a pine cone on the fire chief's truck that is normally occupied by Marshall from Paw patrol. I love the company, and it reminds me of how I fell in love with his sister when she was about the same age. Loving a child because they are blood and really getting to know and love them for who they are - well, those are different things. I am so grateful for my grandchildren, and how they bring love into my life.

Time to get off the keyboard. Time to play.

No comments: