Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2020

A Good Day

Finally, a day worth writing about. I woke early, and snuggled back into my warm nest. But life was calling, and I decided it would be a good thing to just get up. I'm not sure why I reached for my laptop, but I did, and opened it to find my Day One boot camp link still opened. It was early enough, so following my instincts I started the meditation section that had sent me running off on 1/1.

As I started listening I realized this was going to be a guided meditation, and wanting to totally relax and let my mind follow along I lay back down so I was totally relaxed. And boy did the visions come; Susan has been here where I am, and more than ever I am convinced she knows how to guide me out. Afterwards I made coffee, cleaned up the ants that were wandering around the kitchen, and headed back to bed to enjoy my brew and watch a little "Married at first Sight." What a hoot, I've never seen it before but quickly got sucked in. I'm watching the rest of it now as I type away.

Traffic was super light this morning, and I ate my Bright Line breakfast on the way to work. Someday I may eat my meals at a table, but not yet. I love eating and listening to my audio book; it makes the commute not just bearable, but enjoyable. It was a good day, I had my BL lunch, had no problem ignoring the sweets at work, and even though I headed home hungry and tired I never seriously considered eating off plan. I did consider stopping for a protein burger from In-N-Out, but I missed the exit.

(b)  triscuits, cheese, apple
(l)  roast soup, oranges
(d)  taco salad

I don't know what happened, why I woke up different - no longer mad at myself and the world. Maybe I was just too exhausted to run away anymore. While I would love to know the why, it's more important to just enjoy the change. I've been relieved all day that the anger is gone, the rebellion apparently having been snuffed out.

I'm looking forward to putting the house back in order tomorrow after the hullabaloo of the holidays, including a much needed cleaning out of the fridge. R says all the cookies are gone, thank heavens, and I'm thinking of making some pea soup with the left over ham. I also want to make some turkey meatballs and roast up some trays of veggies. The roast from Christmas was really nice, but it was too fatty for leftovers and I'm craving leaner fare.

Thank heavens it's Friday, and that my head is back on straight. Hallelujah!

No comments: