Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Meatballs and Broccoli Salad

Sins of yesterday: (4) lemon cookies, handful of peanuts

I want to know why I have such an urgent need to eat when I am alone. It's so stupid, and such an old old bad bad habit; there is no place for this in my Bright Line Eating. So why did I do it? A was on her ipad, C was napping, and R&M left for dinner.  Five minutes later I was eating cookies. And this after celebrating another pound gone just that morning. Why on earth would I 'sneak' something I don't want just because I can without anyone knowing? Deep breath. let it go, yesterday is over & done.

Today has gone well, but all too quickly. I did my turn in the kitchen this morning, then made the meatballs and green beans as planned. I now have ten meals in the fridge ready for the work week, and enough broccoli salad for a couple of nights or more depending if anyone else shares it with me. I weighed out a pound of broccoli, all prepped into tiny trees, about half dozen green onions thinly sliced, and 2oz each of diced cranberries and diced pecans. The dressing was 4oz mayo, red wine vinegar, and less than a tablespoon of honey. If I had purchased this, the honey would be 5th on the list, and it's a small price to pay for the raw broccoli I just ate.

(b)  Ezekiel toast, PB, raspberries nuked until jam in the microwave
(l)  Meatball, roasted veggies, strawberries
(d)  Meatball, veggies left from the Carnitas, broccoli salad

I say Meatball singular because they are almost mini meatloaves they are so big. Each one weighing in between 4-5oz, I don't worry about if they are over 4 since they are full of zucchini, green peppers, onions & fennel. If anything they are light on protein, which is how I am justifying the pecans in the salad.

But I am finally full after an afternoon of NOT snacking. Weekends are usually hard that way, and I often have my meals spot on the four hour mark, eating at 8, 12 & 4. It can make the evenings a little rough, but usually it's the only way I can make weekends work.

For breakfasts next week I have triscuits and Vermont white cheddar cheese or hard boiled eggs, or the last of the breakfast sausage. There are bananas, apples, oranges and strawberries to start the week and I'll do a small grocery stop for more fruit and veggies to roast. While I hate that tomorrow is Monday, it is usually easier to manage my food on work days when I have planned ahead like I have this weekend.

I finished my Kaiser application for Medicare today. What a relief it will be to stop paying the high premiums for insurance through work. I plan on choosing a new doctor, getting a physical, and doing something about the pain in my thumbs. Now that does make me feel old - but just for a moment. The blood labs they did last week cost $50. When I do my follow up labs on Medicare it will only be $10. This is why we need Medical for all!

Enough blathering on about not much of anything. Time to check the Bright Line Eating group and watch a vlog from Susan.

No comments: