Search This Blog

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Bright Line Eating; week 16 in review

Down another .8 lbs. It may not sound like much, but it's almost a pound. And when recording my weight in paper journal I am keeping, I can't help but note that I have continued to lose over the course of four holidays, a trip to the movies, numerous trips to the dentist, and most recently a death in the family. In 16 weeks I have lost a total of 17.6 lbs.  My clothes are fitting better, and a couple of pairs of pants I can no longer wear they are so big. I think my skin is looking better on my face, and I can really notice when my hands are less swollen in the mornings.

At times I have broken my Bright Lines for a meal, or a snack, but never for a whole day or even most of one. I am, in Susan's words, unstoppable. And while I sometimes feel after weighing myself that I wish I had made healthier choices so that I would have lost more, the point is that I lost. That I continue to try and succeed; I am not the hare in this race, but the tortoise, and I will win.

I am posting in the morning, so while breakfast is what I have already eaten, lunch and dinner are noted below as planned. This is a significant difference, because journaling here what I have eaten for the day is my way of being accountable. To the world at large, and to myself. Because that is the best I can do right now. And for the most part it's working.

(b)  sweet potatoe, onion, pepper hash, 2 eggs over easy, banana
(l)  meatballs, green beans, apple
(d)  lasagna, cauliflower salad w\cabbage, bacon & onion

The kids are taking the kidlets to the lantern show at the fairgrounds tonight, so the house will be quiet for a while. This is usually a time of challenge for me; left alone to my own devices. So I have planned a filling dinner, hoping I will be less likely to snack or give in to the call of a treat.  My chores were caught up yesterday, and I am wondering what I should do this evening to keep occupied.  Maybe painting? I love that idea. Or maybe work on A's room to surprise her.

LOL! I will probably find a movie to watch and curl up on my bed with a big soft blanket.

But for now, it's time for the finale of the Great British Baking Show - season 8 I think, and the family is calling. I truly am blessed.

No comments: