Search This Blog

Friday, January 24, 2020

A Day Off

Mostly it was a quiet day, and the first half of it I accomplished much. Plans changed and I wasn't needed after all, but instead of going to work I took the day for myself. I did laundry & dishes, I cleaned out a couple of pantry shelves & cleaned the front bathroom, and put away odds and ends that had become clutter. Then I showered and tried to lay down for a bit. I ended up watching a few episodes of a new series on Netflix, but I doubt I'll continue watching, not liking the bent the story is taking.

(b)  Oats, milk, strawberries
(l)  Refried beans, last of the carnitas with cheese, salsa, sr. cream & olives
(d) Hamburger soup, chopped salad

Hamburger soup this time was: hamburger sauteed with onions, then pressure cooked with bok choy, mexican zuchinni, canned black beans & canned crushed tomatoes. Cumin, Chipotle chili powder, oregano & garlic powder were the seasonings. So almost chili like. It really needed salt and instead I added some Parmesan.

I didn't weight out meat and veggies, just divided the whole mess into six portions. That's less than 4oz of protein in each dish, so I can add the Parmesan that it needs without breaking any Bright Lines.  I didn't weigh my salad either, just eyeballing it, and I'll bet I was pretty close to spot on 8oz. Lots of carrots, cauliflower, cilantro and green onion.

I just didn't want to feel the constraints of weighing my food today.  Breakfast was made a couple of nights ago, so that was definitely on plan, but lunch was just leftovers and I forgot the fruit. But I know the portion was close on protein if light on veggies. I think my 'tired' just crept into my brain today while my body was active.

This weekend I'll purge the freezer of fruit and pack up some breakfast containers. I need some plain yogurt to soak my oat cereal blend in with the berries from the freezer.  Or maybe I'll just make some muffins and use nuts and eggs for the protein - that may be the ticket.

Big Yawn. Time for jammies and finishing my book. I worry a little that this being weary so much has a little to do with depression, and the impact that C's passing has had on my emotional state. But I don't think I am hiding from my feelings, I'm just sort of numb right now.

Que sera sera.





No comments: