Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Food of course, do I talk about anything else?

When a two year old asks his Mommy to make pumpkin pie because, "it's so delicious", you can hardly complain. I did take one small taste, no crust, and it truly was delicious. I also had two very small bites of sweet potatoe fry, I think of the frog from Alice in Wonderland saying, "but I was so hungry!" Just before the red queen said, "Off with his head!".  Enough quotes?

A nice quiet evening after a busy day. I hate it when I have to step up and be professional and speak to other professionals. In a way it's quietly gratifying that I do know what I am talking about and what I say is validated by another. But it's very small recompense for the responsibility and pressure. At some point I need to make my boss understand the importance of my position. Oh Well.

(b)  Breakfast sausage, toast, strawberries
(l)  Chili, apple
(d)  Potroast, including mostly potatoes for the veg (you can't be choosy when poaching leftovers)

I am down to one meal in the fridge, my bad, but I am mentally exhausted each day after work and have been unwilling to stop at the store on the way home. Usually I would have cooked last night, but it didn't happen due to aforesaid reasons.  So tomorrow my plan is to go to Sprouts at lunch and hopefully they have their meatball soup that's full of spinach. While there I can pick up something to cook for dinner, and if not at least I have chili left over for one last dinner at home. Oh, and there is oatmeal for breakfast.

I suppose I should say something about the toast this morning. I was out of Ezekiel bread, so I had some Dave's seeded bread - Yes! I ate flour! And my stomach felt heavy and knotted and horrible afterwards. I think it's been a month since I had flour - maybe the cinnamon roll at Christmas? Anyway, it didn't send me into a spin, and I was right back on track at lunch. Rezooming, SBT calls it. While I am hungry as is usual in the evenings, I am not the old crazy searching in the kitchen kind of hungry, but the new I think I need another meal type of hungry.

Every night it's the same thing, but at least I can talk myself down by thinking about my immune system working on it's mission to heal and repair overnight, and how it's fun to watch the small but steady changes my body is making. Today I noticed that my forearms look different - I can actually see some muscle definition. So exciting!

One more day and then another weigh-in Saturday morning. It has really been working for me, the scale being out in the garage; I don't think about it during the week at all - no mind games, no deals with the devil, it's been great. I think I must have lost again this week, I've been hungry so often.

When you yawn so large your jaw feels like it's going to crack, it's time to call it a day. Hola!

No comments: