Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Out of Sorts

Here I am again, not looking forward to another Monday.  I don't know why this has been such a thing lately, perhaps it's my age and I'm just tired of working. I'm going to chock it up to just being tired period, and it just happens that tomorrow I have to dance to another's time table and won't be able to lie down in bed or curl up on the couch to rest at a moment's whim like I can at home.

I had to buy a hot water heater today, there's a grand out the window, which may help explain my mood. I don't think anyone had a good day here for one reason or another, and that has taken it's toll too. We all just need a dose of Harry Potter or ice cream or something. C has been on daily chemo and steroids all week, and his emotions and stamina have been compromised for sure. It's hard knowing he is being poisoned and not being able to do anything. How on earth are any of my petty concerns meaningful in that light. Moving on.

(b)  Ezekiel toast, sausage, tangerines
(l)  Chili, apple
(d)  Sirloin, cauliflower & onions

I made oatmeal this morning, four servings ready to go for the upcoming week; two with tart frozen cherries, one with banana, and one with cherries & banana. The protein in all four dishes is 2oz chopped pecans.  I have four chili, and two veggies dishes, and left over sirloin to add to the veggies. There is acorn squash to bake later this week, and corn in the freezer. So I should be good through Thursday before cooking again.  There are apples, grapes & strawberries for my lunches, and a bag of salad greens in the fridge for dinners. That's the plan. 

I have discovered that my rebellious streak won't let me plan exactly what to eat for each meal, but instead to have a few choices that are all on plan that I can choose from depending on my mood and the weather. The night before I make sure there is food for the next day, but commit only to eating on plan, not necessarily which dish. Note: this is not how the Bright Line Eating has been presented to me, it is how I have tweaked it to work for me.

I have Chamomile tea brewing, and I'm ready to call it a day - it's only 7:30pm. My door is unlocked, so C can come in if he wants to play or snuggle. I have Ponyo queued up on Netflix in case he wants to come lay down with me, but he will tell me he wants super heroes or bubble guppies and of course his whim is my command. My precious A has not been forgotten; I picked up lunch fixings for her school lunches and we play footsies on the couch while watching tv. We even snuck in a game while C was napping yesterday.

A crick in my neck is screaming at me and I need to go lie down. Thank heavens for my soft, warm bed.

No comments: