Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Snow and Chocolate

Sins of the Day: 2 chocolate truffles

Not much to say about today. It's been so cold I could see patches of snow on the foothills to the south on the drive home. Very pretty and mysterious under the darkening clouds. But going back to earlier in the day... I had finished my lunch and was aware of how quiet it was in the office. Everyone else was out to lunch, and I was alone, and tired of the constant flow of exceptions and problems hitting my desk. Things I had to figure out how to fix that I didn't have control over. Things I need to train others to do instead of me. Just all sorts of things, too many of them, all needing my attention now.

But sometimes that's my job, and I'm usually okay with it. So why today was different, or why I didn't fight the siren call of the chocolates, I really don't know. I've just finished my Bright Line dinner, and left the living room where the British Baking Show is showing a constant stream of delicious looking delicacies; all NMF of course.

(b)  sausage, triscuits, banana
(l)  carnitas & veggies, apple
(d) carnitas & veggies (so good), chopped salad

I've never had the same thing for dinner and lunch before, but it was so good - and why not?

C is about to start another round of steroids as part of his treatment, so there are all kinds of food choices for him hanging out in the kitchen in preparation of him being "SO HUNGRY." It IS easy to avoid those things - they need to be available for him so it's a no brainer.

Tired. I'm just tired; it's too early to go to bed and too late to take a nap. Maybe I'll just lay down for a bit and listen to my book while C watches paw patrol. And if I fall asleep - well, so what.


No comments: