Search This Blog

Saturday, January 4, 2020

BLE Boot Camp: Day 1

Today went well. I shopped for groceries in the morning, then put laundry in while I did food prep in the kitchen. I have roasted veg ready to pack into meals for the coming few days and stock is ready in the fridge for the lentil soup tomorrow that will go in the instant pot while I bake turkey\sausage meatballs in the oven. The meatballs will be full of onion and zucchini and hopefully juicy and delicious. I'm going to use the new Bragg organic sprinkles that I picked up at the store so this will be a new flavour profile than usual.

Come to think of it the last month of Saturdays have been pretty busy. It use to be I would nap on and off in between doing chores each Saturday, but weekends of late haven't been that way. Fifteen pounds doesn't seem like much, but carrying a heavy grocery bag today I realized once again that it is. My body was not happy carrying the extra weight this morning just going from the car to the kitchen. And to think I did it for years. I can hardly wait for the next fifteen to be gone and see what new changes come with that. Maybe walking in the evening? Or getting the pictures hung in my room?

I love thinking about the possibilities. I was around 200 pounds when shooting archery competitions, and that is only seventeen pounds away! How I would love to be able to pick up my bow again. And while I don't think I can while working because of my back, with BLE I will be in shape once I retire in a couple of years.

(b)  Sausage, triscuits, orange
(l)  grilled cheese, butternut squash soup, apple
(d) black bean burger, roasted squash, onions & tomatoes; chopped salad

So how do I have grilled cheese? By using Ezekiel Sesame bread and counting the cheese as my protein. And it was so delicious. This is a maintenance meal since I did use two slices of bread instead of one; but they are thin. I know that I should be strictly following the weight loss plan, but I ate what I wrote, and my intentions have not changed since beginning Bright Line Eating. I'm in this for the long haul and I don't think it's in my best interest to 'diet'.

I'm winding down for the day in my room while they are eating chocolate pudding in the living room. C is here with me and we are jumping between the hallmark channel and paw patrol.What a pair we are. Ha!

No comments: