Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Bright Line Eating: week 15 in review

Total loss as of this morning: 16.8 lbs - Average

All things being considered, I was grateful to see a loss this morning after the week I had. I didn't break too many Bright Lines - though some might consider one too many - but it was the stress I had been under that concerned me, and the fall out in terms of poor planning. Slow and steady appears to be my speed and that's fine. I admit that sometimes I feel the urge to buckle down and be 100% on plan and lose faster, but the immediate and inflammatory response is rebellion. So I don't.

Speaking of rebellion, I'm thinking boot camp just isn't working for me. There are too many in the online support to make any real connection without a lot of effort, and I am too computer weary to want to sign on after work and put in the necessary time. I know it's important, and maybe at another time in my life I will follow through, but for now I just don't have the energy. I feel bad about spending the money, but would feel worse asking for a refund, so there it is, nothing to do about it.

I've been to the store twice today, and currently my lasagna is stinking up the joint in a most wonderful way. It's full of mushrooms, fennel, onion, bok choy and zuchinni. Sweet Italian sausage, anise seed, and Mrs. Dash table blend, and Mozzarella and Parmesan. I can hardly wait for dinner.  In the fridge I have groceries to make turkey meatballs (they will be full of green peppers, onion & the last of the fennel), more green beans with onion (and a little bacon), and roasted turnip, carrots, and bok choy to go with the meatballs.

(b)  Eggs over easy on rice and green chili
(l)  Carnitas, roasted veggies, orange sections and strawberries
(d)  lasagna, chopped salad

I have the grandkids for a while this evening while the kids have a date night, so I am posting early as I foresee a busy evening. A nap may be in order too!

I was so happy to see 215 on the scale this morning, and I am tempted to search the blog to see how long it's been since I last saw that number. I have a vague memory of being 210 when I started the job I'm at now in the Spring of 2012 - so about eight years. Crazy the whole thing. And 75 lbs to go until my first goal. But I will do it, I just know it with a certainty that I've had since first reading Bright Line Eating (baring a brief moment of crazy in the middle back there somewhere.)

So I'm excited to have another week of Bright Line Eating ahead of me, and excited to know this is really working.

No comments: