Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sugar Detox Redoux - Day 4/28

I do not need a can of root beer soda. I may want one, I may drool while imagining the sweetness and going back in time to one of many visits to A&W when I was but a child; sitting in the back of a car and waiting with anticipation for my small mug of heaven. Instead I will enjoy the rumbling in my mid section as it churns away at all of the raw veggies that were in my salad at lunch, and go refill my water bottle yet again. I think I need to make some ginger tea to shake things up - good idea, and I'm off!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disappointing news this afternoon, which opens a can of financial worms we cannot continue to ignore.  The details are not important, but the impact on my mood is significant.  We have been struggling so long sometimes it is hard to understand why we keep trying; we are hard working honest people - a break would be nice. But I am not going to the store for cheesecake, and in fact had large chopped salads for both lunch and dinner. Mostly I am just sad that we are good people just trying our best and it somehow isn't ever enough to gain a solid foothold.We work hard, but in this convoluted society that is not the means to a successful end, not anymore.

So it has turned into a movie marathon day for me. Okay, not a marathon, I did do housework this morning and make two healthy meals. But I have one movie under my belt and another just starting.

It's okay to be sad. But come Tuesday it's time to focus and set things in motion so we are not suffocating under the stress of our collective pasts.

It's an early check out today.

No comments: