Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sugar Detox Redoux - Day 1/28

A nice beginning to a new four weeks of backing away from sugar and eschewing meat. Just a biscuit and no sausage this morning, just cream in my coffee and no sugar. I am really enjoying my coffee this way, as I have probably already said.

I have noticed these past couple of days (despite any melodramatic outbursts) that my face is less sleepy. I'm not rubbing my eyes all of the time trying to wake up. This is uber good, and whether it is the extra plants or the little thyroid pill I am very pleased with my increased energy.

My massage was everything I hoped it would be and I am looser this evening than I have been in quite a while. I know I will be a little bruised for a couple of days but no biggie. I get to go again in a month and I hope to do stretching exercises in the meantime. Of course I have been saying that for years, but one can never tell when one's intentions might meet up with a magical turning point. I do dream, but that is my nature.

Green drink for lunch, bean & kale soup and a salad for dinner with a roll, and no dessert. Lots and lots of water and some extra Immune as planned to ward off the lousy detox feeling that comes after a good massage, and so far no evening cravings for a snack.

Thank heavens tomorrow is Friday - I am so ready for the long weekend.

No comments: