Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2015

Sugar Detox - Day 27/28

I am home from work and full of noodles and veggies, which were followed closely by a banana with peanut butter for an early dessert as dinner was light on protein. Lunch was a large green salad with small coloured peppers, green onion, artichoke hears and pepitas; delicious under the Avocado Cilantro dressing. And breakfast had been my little home made breakfast biscuit. It was sort of nice driving to work without feeling the compulsion to stop for breakfast, to get right on the freeway instead of detouring through for fast food.

No added sugar anywhere. Not even from the freezer at work where a bright yellow post it proclaimed that there were ice cream sandwiches inside and we were to help ourselves. Nope, I declined without any fighting or temptation. I was tempted later on the drive home to stop in for tacos, but reminded myself I had yummy food at home, that I needed to follow my fresh lunch greens with cooked ones in dinner, and passed the JIB exit without fanfare while contemplating what I would make once at home.

Now to rest a little, then tackle another small project so I don't feel so sloth-like, and to play with A when she arrives home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Done and Done. A and I started the first Harry Potter book; she read the first page with only a couple of 'helps'. She's awesome. I hope she wants to continue, it would be a fun reading project.

Time for tea and bed and a couple episodes of Battle Creek.


No comments: