Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Sugar Detox Days 23 & 24/28

Wow, two days gone. Admittedly I have emotionally checked out, but am still surprised that I did not post during that time as this is my favorite place to vent and whine.  Nothing horrible or spectacular has happened, just struggling with eating as usual. I am taking my thyroid pill every morning as directed, eating healthy lunches, and then dinner's are hit and miss. But even my bad choices are not horrible; bean burrito from CJ's one day and a delicious yakisoba noodle bowl one night. It's the exta meal at bedtime again that has reared it's ugly head. I'm just eating dinner too early. I need to get back to eating a large apple in the car on the way home from work to delay dinner.

Side Note: The Yakisoba noodle bowl from Costco, heated in the microwave, then tossed into a pan on the stove with a huge amount of fresh diced baby spinach, a small amount of water, and a dash each of Tamari and Chili sesame oil and then stirred until the spinach has wilted - OMG, so decadently delicious, low in sugar but unfortunately high in sodium, and low in fat. Plus the greens. Superb fast food.

But I am having a hard time seeing the view from the treadmill of work, groceries and chores. And complaining about it just seems to increase the load I am already carrying around in the form of depression. Hence not writing about it until now.

Unfortunately knowing what to do and doing it are two different things. But I am doing the things I know will lead to a break in mood; adding in greens, trying to avoid sugar, and taking my meds. and supplements. Going through the motions and not letting myself get bogged down.

No comments: