Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Bright Line Eating; reality check

I made the decision to only weigh on the first of each month, and this morning was that day. I have gained 2 pounds, and have had to once again take a closer look at what bright lines are, what commitment and surrender mean, and why I haven't been able to sit all the way down. Because I am only 'sort of' doing Bright Line Eating, and have been basically maintaining for months. I need to accept that if I am ever going to start losing again I need to actually follow the plan. Dolt!!

I am committing here that for today I will eat only and exactly what is on plan, including weighing and measuring both fat and condiments. I know that if I do this every day for a week those two pounds will be gone. I know that if I do this every day for a month I will break the 200 pound barrier by the time I weigh in on 1/1/21. I have to stop pretending that tapioca starch isn't a flour, and that gravy is a condiment. "But why is the gravy gone??!!" I do love Jack Sparrow.

These are the things I will contemplate as C and I head out for a walk on a beautifully crisp sunny Autumn day.

------------------

It was a good day; our walk was fun and we came home with lots of pretty little pine cones. Then we made spaghetti and meatballs from playdough, had lunch, and he went down for a late nap. I went to the dentist to finish up the seal from my root canal a couple of weeks ago; so far so good but they will re-check me every six months to make sure the bone is regenerating around the root. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the dentist?

I didn't get around to much food prep today, just roasted some acorn squash for R, so I think I will do that tomorrow in time to have turkey soup for lunch. If the timing doesn't work out I'll just swap out lunch and dinner.

Tomorrow's Food:

B:  Oatmeal, blueberries, peanut butter

L: Turkey vegetable soup, banana or apple, whatever is left

D:  Sausage & Beans, stewed tomatoes

I just realized I should probably get up early to go pick up fruit from the store first thing in the morning. With three of us eating a banana each day they go fast. And I always feel cheated if I don't have an apple to eat.

I've been Bright all day, and measured my salad dressing as promised, and I'm a little hungry heading into bedtime. But that is usual, which is weird. How can I feel hungry so often and not be losing weight??? Anyway, there will be no snacking tonight, and I can mark off another Bright day in my paper journal tomorrow morning.

No comments: