Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Three's the Charm

Another Bright night under my belt, and feeling pretty good this morning. A sexy breakfast is also under my belt, so to say, and while it was rich and satisfying, I don't think it is too sexy for me; maybe for my daughter, she hasn't said yet. I guess I have too many favorites to consider any one of them too enticing. Like fried eggs over rice, yam pudding, green chili rice & egg casserole, and of course the default favorite, cheese & triscuits. All that being listed, todays breakfast was a little more wonderful than usual ;)

Today's Food:

B: Ezekiel toast, Brie, sliced ham, banana

L: Sausage, corn & peas, flax meal, fruit salad

D:  Black eyed pea\veggie soup, green salad w/ gorgonzola & pecans, artichoke hearts

I'm looking forward to making the soup today and using up all of the veggies out of the fridge that look doomed to be forgotten. Lots of spinach, kale & zucchini will go into the pot after slowly sautéing lots of onions until they are rich and delicious. I'll weigh the beans separately into the soup so I can split the protein at dinner with the cheese and nuts in my salad. The rest of the soup will go into a large container to use at will during the week so I can split proteins between chicken sausages, meatballs, and whatever other protein shows up as left overs.  

I am adding some flax meal to my lunch since I didn't have any with breakfast and I know it's making a difference in my mood stabilization efforts. And spinach; we eat so many vegetables but yet are still light on the dark leafy greens that are so important. I will take it as an improvement that I am noticing this and correcting it.

It's a beautifully sunny & crisp winter day out there, and I am enjoying it from the warmth of my bedroom window as I continue to sort through 'stuff' and discard what no longer brings me joy. So many little mementos from my life, and no where to keep them; that's my challenge today.

I am full of hope today that with three Bright nights in a row I am on my way to a week, and then through the end of the year. And while I am leaning away from the idea of a number being the goal of my Bright Line journey, I still want to see the scale reflecting anything less than 200. Then maybe I can put the scale away for awhile.

Off to find a Christmas movie to listen to while I sort.

No comments: