Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2020

"...a little better, all the time." the beatles

Taking a note from myself, I added ground flax to my oatmeal this morning (which was delicious) and spinach to my salad at dinner. These have been tried and true friends in the past so I am turning to them in hopes of raising both my mood and energy level. 

Today's Food:

B: Rolled oats, tart cherries (canned & packed in water) & one date, almonds

L:  Black eyed peas, roasted veggies, turkey gravy

D:  Chopped salad with romaine, spinach, cauliflower, green onions, blue cheese, garbanzos and an ounce of sausage left over from dinner last night, bleu cheese dressing,  potato & pineapple.

I will pick up more canned fruit in water the next time I am out for groceries; the cherries were so delicious and I have visions of pears & peaches with oatmeal or rice cereal in the near future.

I do like mixing my proteins when tossing up a large salad, and splurging on some potato for the veg since the salad is a lighter calorie meal. I'm feeling good about my food, and only had a bite of sausage at my midnight snack yesterday. Flour & Sugar lines are Bright, if meals & quantities are a little wobbly. It's a big step in the right direction.

Today we took C to the drive through for his Covid test and we go for labs tomorrow. I am already thinking about the cup of decaf I may purchase when getting C's hash browns on the way home from hospital. I suppose that means the coffee is too 'sexy' and I should just abstain, but no promises. I think trying to be too perfect is what helped lead me to where I am right now, so instead I will do as I did in the beginning of this BLE journey and just make the best decision I can in the moment. Usually a Day at a Time is sufficient, but sometimes it's a meal at a time, or even a moment at a time.

I have been better about making healthier choices during the day, opting for beans more often than meat, and nuts sometimes instead of cheese. The path may have been a little rocky lately, but at least I still have the confidence that it is leading me in the right direction. And I can still take off one of my rings that has been stuck for years, so things are probably not as dire and I may have thought yesterday or the day before.

Heading to bed tonight I am enjoying a lighter heart, even if the Raiders did lose. Prior to that I was laughing while watching the Arthur Christmas movie, and it felt good - even while feeling a little sad that I don't laugh more often, I just enjoyed the moment.

And really, that has been the whole day, finding myself enjoying being with family, enjoying my Bright meals, and feeling comfortable in my own skin for a change. And on that note I leave to bed.

No comments: